Michelle Suskauer a criminal defense attorney at Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A., a law firm that focuses on criminal defense and finance fraud with offices in West Palm Beach, Miami, Naples, Los Angeles and New York.
Michelle began her legal career as an assistant public defender in West Palm Beach. She has been practicing in Palm Beach County since 1991 with a focus in criminal law in both state and federal courts. She and her law firm have handled thousands of criminal cases.
Michelle is the Past President of The Florida Bar, the third largest unified bar in the country. She served as President of The Florida Bar from 2018-2019. She has also served on The Florida Bar Board of Governors from 2010-2017.
Michelle is an AV rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, which indicates that an attorney has reached “the height of professional excellence” and is recognized for the “highest skill and integrity.”
Michelle Suskauer is the best attorney! She has strong negotiating skills, lots of experience with the court system and is a true professional.
Michelle is one of the most experienced, dedicated and compassionate trial lawyers in Palm Beach County. She is highly regarded by judges, prosecutors, law enforcement and her peers. She is known for her creative solutions to complicated problems and for her client advocacy. She is passionate about helping her clients receive the needed services to correct their circumstances so that they do not become repeat offenders.
Michelle is actively involved in the leadership of numerous local and state legal organizations. She is currently the Past President of The Florida Bar and has served on the Florida Bar Board of Governors for the 15th Judicial Circuit since 2010. She is past chair of the Board’s Disciplinary Review Committee, the Communications Committee, the 2013 Annual Convention of the Florida Bar, and served on the Executive Committee and Strategic Planning Committee of the Florida’s Bar Board of Governors for the past 3 years. She is Past-President of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, Past-President of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers – Palm Beach County Chapter and currently President of the Board of Directors of the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County. She has been recognized in the annual Florida Super Lawyers Magazine as one of Florida’s top criminal defense attorneys and by Florida Trend Magazine as one of Florida’s “Legal Elite” in its annual statewide poll of attorneys.
Michelle is a nationally known legal analyst who regularly appears on CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC, NBC, and CNBC. She has made hundreds of television appearances including The O’Reilly Factor, The Abrams Report, The Today Show, Good Morning America, NBC Nightly News, Hannity & Colmes, Nancy Grace, Anderson Cooper 360, and The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch. Michelle is also the legal analyst for Palm Beach County’s NBC affiliate WPTV NewsChannel 5, Fox affiliate WFLX 29, NEWSRADIO 1290 WJNO, and 850 WFTL.
Some of the legal issues and cases Michelle has covered include: Jeffrey Epstein, Trayvon Martin, O.J. Simpson, Rush Limbaugh, Jessica Lunsford, Anna Nicole Smith, Duke Lacrosse Rape Case, Debra LaFave, John Couey, Andrea Yates, Natalee Holloway, Carlie Brucia, Casey Anthony, Howard Stern and Paris Hilton.
- Criminal Defense
- Domestic Violence
- DUI Offenses
- Juvenile Offenses
- Narcotics Offenses
- Sexual Offenses
- Violent Offenses
- White Collar Crimes
- Federal Offenses
- Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A., 2018-Present
- Suskauer Law Firm, P.A., 1997-2017
- Schuler, Wilkerson, Halvorson & Williams, P.A., 1994-97
- Office of the Public Defender, 15th Judicial Circuit, 1991-94
Professional and Civic Activities
The Florida Bar
- Past President, 2020-Current
- Immediate Past President, 2019-2020
- President, 2018-2019
- President-Elect, 2017-2018
- Board of Governors, 15th Judicial Circuit 2010-2017
- Chair, Disciplinary Review Committee 2014-2016
- Chair, Communications Committee 2013-2014
- Chair, Annual Convention Committee 2012-13
- Strategic Planning Committee 2013-Present, Chair 2017-2018
- Criminal Law Certification Committee 2002-06
- Program Evaluation Committee
- Communications Committee
- Disciplinary Review Committee
- Rules Committee
- UPL Circuit Committee 15A, Reviewer
- 15th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “G”, Reviewer
- Board of Governors Liaison: Counsel of Sections, Criminal Law Section, Constitutional Judiciary
- Special Appointments
- Chair, 4th DCA JNC Screening Committee
- Chair, 15th Circuit Nominating Committee, Pro Bono Service Award
- Screening Committee for Board of Governors Public Member
- Nominating Committee Florida Bar Foundation
- Florida Board of Bar Examiners Lawyer Vacancy Screening
Palm Beach County Bar Association
- President (2009-2010)
- Member, 1991-Present
- Past Chair Bench Bar Committee
- Past Chair Criminal Practice Committee
Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Honoree, 2019 Chapman Partnership’s 10th Annual Take A Walk in Her Shoes
- President, Palm Beach County Chapter 2002-03
- Member, 1991-Present
- Created Breakfast and Books Mentoring Program for female Juvenile offenders
- Created “Adopt-A-Case” Program
Craig S. Barnard American Inns of Court
- Emeritus Member
- Executive Committee
- Past Programming Chair
Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Past Board Member
American Bar Association
- Florida Delegate, ABA House of Delegates 2017-present
- Criminal Justice Section Spring Meeting, Steering Committee
Pro Bono/Community Service
- President, Board of Directors, Legal Aid Society Palm Beach County
- Past Vice-President, A.W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts Theater Parents Association
- Past Vice-Chair, Bak Middle School of the Arts Foundation
- 2019 President’s Award, Florida Public Defender Association
- 2019 Extra Miles Award, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- 2019 Take a Walk in Her Shoes Honoree, The Chapman Partnership
- 2018 Palm Beach Jurisprudence Award, ADL
- 2018 Florida 500 Most Influential Business Leaders, Florida Trend
- 2018 Mattie Belle Davis Award, Miami-Dade FAWL
- 2018 Woman Lawyer of the Year, South Palm Beach County FAWL
- 2018 “FastCase 50” Honoree
- 2017 Excellence in Leadership in Law, SABA Florida
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2017 Woman of the Year, South Palm Beach County Women Lawyers Association
- The Daily Business Review 2017 Top 10 Women in Law
- Serving Justice Award, Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
- The Justice Barbara Pariente Award, FAWL, Palm Beach County
- Leader in the Law, FAWL, Palm Beach County
- Woman of Grace Award, 2016
- Women in Power Award, National Conference of Jewish Women
- Character Counts Award, School District, Palm Beach County
- Florida Super Lawyers 2009-Present
- Florida Legal Elite
- Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
Media Appearances – Legal Analyst
- NBC (The Today Show, Nightly News)
- ABC (Good Morning America)
- CNBC (The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch)
- CNN (Prime News, Anderson Cooper 360, Headline News, Nancy Grace, Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell)
- Fox News (Hannity & Colmes, The O’Reilly Factor, The Line-Up)
- MSNBC (The Abrams Report, Verdict with Dan Abrams, Politics Nation)
- WPTV News Channel 5
- 1290 WJNO
- 850 WFTL
- United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of the State of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Boston University, Bachelor of Science Communications (1988)
- The American University, Juris Doctor (1991)
Married to Palm Beach County Circuit Court Judge Scott I. Suskauer since 1993. Two daughters: Talia, 23, and Rebecca, 20.
About Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A.
Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A. is a leading law firm that represents individual and institutional investors in cases related to securities and investment fraud, commercial and business disputes, class action and whistleblower litigation, as well as successfully operating a criminal defense practice.
Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A., has been recognized as a “Top Law Firm” by the South Florida Legal Guide every year since 2006. There are four main offices, in Miami, Los Angeles, New York and West Palm Beach. The firm serves clients nationwide and throughout Florida, California, New York and beyond.
Contact Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A.
Clients look to Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A., for counsel and representation in securities fraud, commercial litigation and criminal defense cases.
Schedule a free consultation with an experienced and accomplished attorney contact us or call 888-578-6255.